The United States Code contains hundreds of criminal statutes and regulatory provisions embodying the full range of federal prosecutorial powers. The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick is ready, willing and able to assist individuals and businesses who are charged with violations of federal law. With extensive training and educational credentials (M.P.A., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D.), Mark S. Guralnick is uniquely positioned to tackle the federal criminal justice system.
Among the many federal criminal offenses in which you should seek legal representation are the following:
Animals and Wildlife
- Migratory Birds. Violations of Migratory Bird Treaty Act, by hunting, taking , capturing, killing, or selling certain kinds of migratory birds.
- International and Domestic Wildlife Smuggling. Unlawful smuggling rings that target imperiled animals.
- Illegal Wildlife Trading. Combat illegal trafficking in protected species.
- Livestock Theft. Violation of 18 U.S.C. § 667 which outlaws the theft of livestock worth $10,000 or more in interstate or foreign commerce.
- Bankruptcy Fraud. Concealment of assets or false reporting of assets or lack thereof as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Economic Espionage. Criminalizes theft of trade secrets with fines and imprisonment.
- Interstate Shipments. Criminalizes theft or embezzlement from interstate shipments, conveyances, depots or terminals of any shipment being transported in interstate or foreign commerce. 18 U.S.C. § 659.
- Hobbs Act Violations. Prohibits the obstruction of any article or commodity in interstate commerce by robbery or extortion, or the commission or threat of physical violence. 18 U.S.C. § 1951.
- Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organization (RICO). Any act or threat involving murder, kidnapping, gambling, arson, robbery, bribery, extortion, dealing in obscene matter, or dealing in a controlled substance or listed chemical (as defined in Section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act), which is chargeable under state law and punishable by imprisonment for more than one year. 18 U.S.C. § 1961.
- Interstate Transportation of Stolen Property. Prohibits the transportation in interstate or foreign commerce of any goods of the value of $5,000 or more where the goods are known to have been stolen, converted or taken by fraud. These statutes also prohibit the receipt and sale of such known stolen goods. 18 U.S.C. §§ 2314, 2315.
- Tax Fraud/Tax Evasion. Violations of the criminal provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, by willful evasion of taxes, or willful failure to pay taxes due. 26 U.S.C. §§ 7201, et. seq.
- Kidnapping Children. International Parental Kidnapping under 18 U.S.C. § 1204
- Importing Obscenity. Importation or Transportation of Obscene Matter under 18 U.S.C. § 1466
- Sex Trafficking. Trafficking of Children by Force, Fraud or Coercion. 18 U.S.C. §1591.
- Sexual Abuse. Perpetrated upon a minor or ward pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 2243
- Sexual Exploitation. As it relates to children pursuant 18 U.S.C. §2251.
- Selling or Buying of Children. 18 U.S.C. § 2251A(a)(b).
- Child Pornography. Certain related activities pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 2252A.
- Coercion and Enticement. 18 U.S.C. § 2422
- Transportation of Minors. 18 U.S.C. 2423(a)(b).
- Interstate Facilitation. Use of Interstate Facilities to Transmit Information about a Minor. 18 U.S.C. § 2425.
- Hate Crimes. Matthew Shephard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act. 18 U.S.C. § 249.
- Conspiracy. Criminal conspiracy against rights. 18 U.S.C. § 241.
- Deprivation of Rights. Under color of law. 18 U.S.C. § 242.
- Burning Churches. Church Arson Prevention Act. 18 U.S.C. § 247.
- FACE Law. Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act. 18 U.S.C. § 248.
- Explosives. Federal Explosives Control Statute. 18 U.S.C. § 844 (h).
- Fair Housing. Criminal Interference with Right to Fair Housing. 42 U.S.C. § 3631.
Terrorism and Treason
- Treason. Aiding the enemy is punishable by death, imprisonment or fines under 18 U.S.C. § 2381.
- The USA Patriot Act. Reclassifies as terrorist acts a variety of criminal offenses including attacking a mass transit system, using a biological weapon, supporting terrorism and computer hacking.
- Biological Weapons. Violations of the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 and other laws that outlaw possess of biological agents, toxins and delivery systems.
If you or somebody you know has been charged with a federal criminal offense, has been named in a federal indictment, or is being investigated in connection with federal charges, please contact us immediately. The earlier you prepare your defense, the more likely you are to deal with your case effectively and favorably. Contact the Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick for a confidential, free case evaluation or make an appointment by calling 1-866-337-2900 or by sending an email to email@example.com.