Considered a white-collar crime, bank fraud is a criminal act in which a person engages in an intentionally secret scheme to defraud a bank or financial institution or by using false information to obtain assets, credit, money, property, or securities from a bank or financial institution.
The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick assists people charged with a wide variety of alleged fraud schemes. These include, for example:
- Stolen checks
- Forgery and alteration of checks
- Check kiting
- Forged and fraudulent loan applications
- Stolen credit cards
- Skimming or duplicating credit card information
- Wire transfer fraud
- Phishing and other internet fraud
- Bank impersonation.
- Identity theft
A party suspected of bank fraud may be charged under the Federal Bank Fraud Act, 18 U.S.C. § 1344, which provides:
Whoever knowingly executes, or attempts to execute, a scheme or artifice—
(1) to defraud a financial institution; or
(2) to obtain any of the moneys, funds, credits, assets, securities, or other property owned by, or under the custody or control of, a financial institution, by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises;
shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.
Keep in mind that not all criminal lawyers understand white collar financial crimes or federal bank fraud. Mark S. Guralnick is a trained criminal defense lawyer and a private investigator with two MBA degrees. He understands the language of the financial industry, and maintains the negotiating power to stand up for your rights.
If you or someone you know has been implicated in a criminal offense, please contact the Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick at 1-866-337-2900 for a free case evaluation.