How to Sue a Negligent Attorney
Posted November 12th, 2019.
Categories: Legal Malpractice.
If you hired an attorney to help you with your legal troubles and that attorney made your problems even worse, there is a very good chance he or she committed what is known as “legal malpractice.” Now, that being said, you may not sue an attorney simply because he or she did not attain a favorable result. That is why if you are going to sue a negligent attorney, you must first hire a trustworthy, experienced one to prove that you are indeed a victim of legal malpractice. If you believe you have a valid legal malpractice claim, please read on and reach out to our experienced legal malpractice firm to learn more about how we can help you:
What are some specific cases in which I may sue my attorney?
To win a legal malpractice claim, you and your attorney will have to prove that there was a breach of fiduciary duty. Rather simply, this means that an attorney failed to conform to legal or ethical standards and you suffered damages as a result. Some examples of valid legal malpractice claims are as follows:
- Disregarding or failing to observe pre-trial deadlines
- Neglecting to interview and speak with crucial witnesses
- Disregarding the importance of retaining an expert witness
- Ignoring the client’s wishes in regards to settling, or any other legal matter
- Not addressing letters of protection, health care liens, or doctor’s liens
- Carelessly referring work to other lawyers without properly screening them
- Failing to supervise an inexperienced attorney or staff
- Failing to attend crucial pre-trial discovery opportunities
- Making mathematical errors when calculating damages
- Neglecting to address child support liens
- Failing to advise, or incorrectly advising a client about insurance considerations
- Neglecting to address workers’ compensation liens
- Losing, misplacing, or destroying any sort of evidence, files, or additional crucial information
We understand that there are far fewer things more frustrating than being betrayed by someone you trusted to help you. Fortunately, our firm exists to help those who have been taken advantage of. If you have any other questions regarding the legal malpractice claims process, please do not hesitate to speak with our seasoned legal team. We are ready to serve you to the best of our ability.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick is an experienced and committed legal team for clients throughout the state of New Jersey. Our team effectively serves victims of legal malpractice. If you require the services of a dedicated attorney, please contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick today for a free consultation.