What Are My Rights as an Attorney’s Client?
Posted March 16th, 2022.
Categories: Legal Malpractice.
When someone hires an attorney to represent them in any legal matter, they should understand that they have several rights. That’s correct–clients have rights. Fortunately, in most cases, their attorneys respect and honor these rights and attain a favorable outcome on behalf of their clients. However, unfortunately, this does not always happen. Sometimes, attorneys are careless or outright malicious and negatively impact their clients’ cases. If you believe that your rights as an attorney’s client were violated and you lost your case as a result, there is a strong chance that you will have a valid legal malpractice claim. Please continue reading and reach out to our experienced New Jersey legal malpractice attorney to learn more about your rights and how our firm can help if they were violated.
Your Rights as an Attorney’s Client
Each client is guaranteed certain privileges and rights from the moment they hire their attorney to represent them in their case. These rights include open communication and honest dedication to the well-being of the client. Just some examples of the basic rights clients should be afforded are as follows:
- Clients should receive candid legal advice
- Clients should receive regular updates as developments occur
- Attorneys should give clients reasonable expectations as to what will happen with their case
- Attorneys should never take action without specific permission from the client (e.g. a personal injury attorney should never settle a case without a client’s consent)
- Attorneys should prepare their clients for their case
- Attorneys should be organized (losing files, failing to take action before the statute of limitations expires, and more can all ruin a valid claim)
If you believe your rights as a client were violated in any way, you’re most likely looking to hold your attorney accountable. Fortunately, you can do so with a competent legal malpractice attorney in your corner. The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick have fought on behalf of countless clients over the years, and we are prepared to fight for you as well. Give us a call today so you can tell us your story and we can get started.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick is an experienced and committed legal team for clients throughout the state of New Jersey. Our team effectively serves victims of legal malpractice. If you require the services of a dedicated attorney, please contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick today for a free consultation.