I Believe My Attorney Committed Fraud, Can I Sue?
Posted January 12th, 2022.
Categories: Legal Malpractice.
If your attorney has deceived you as their client and you believe that they have committed fraud, you must retain the services of an experienced New Jersey legal malpractice attorney. Our legal team at the Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick will assist you in holding the attorney in question accountable. To learn more about how you can take action against your attorney, continue reading.
Can I sue my attorney for fraud?
The short answer is yes, you can take legal action against your attorney if they have committed fraud and deceived you as their client. Attorney fraud can be defined by the following steps occurring:
- An attorney makes a material misrepresentation of fact, knowing it is false. This is done with the intent that the client will rely upon it or act upon it in any way.
- If the client does rely upon or act upon this material misrepresentation of fact, resulting in their direct damage, this is considered fraud.
- When an attorney makes a material omission of fact or conceals information that should have been disclosed, resulting in the client relying on his detriment on the absence of necessary information, this is also considered fraud.
Legal malpractice based on fraud may occur in the following ways:
- Misrepresentation of the law
- Fraudulent promises that were not fulfilled
- Fraudulent failure to reveal major milestones
- Misrepresentation of expenses, court costs, or fees
- Fraudulent assurances that work was being performed
- Fraudulent credentials by the attorney to induce their hire
- Fraudulent concealment of court orders or other court papers
- Fraudulent failure-to-disclose court conferences and hearings
- Fraudulent concealment of records or letters provided by the opposing side
- Misrepresentation of settlement offer to induce the client to take a higher or lower figure
- Diversion or misappropriation of settlement funds or paid judgment accompanied by a fraudulent explanation for why the client has not received full payment of the rightful share of funds
If you believe that your attorney has committed fraud and you have a valid legal malpractice claim against them, look no further than our experienced firm. You must take action as soon as possible. Give our legal malpractice attorney a call today to discuss the next steps you will take. The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick are prepared to fight for your rights. Feel free to contact us today to schedule your initial consultation.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick is an experienced and committed legal team for clients throughout the state of New Jersey. Our team effectively serves victims of legal malpractice. If you require the services of a dedicated attorney, please contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick today for a free consultation.