How to Sue an Attorney For Deception
Posted June 2nd, 2020.
Categories: Legal Malpractice.
There are few things worse than hiring an attorney to represent you in your time of need, only to find that attorney has gone behind your back or otherwise deceived you in some way, ultimately causing you to lose your initial case or to sustain some form of significant financial damage. If this has happened to you, we are here to help. Please continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable New Jersey legal malpractice attorney to learn more about how we can guide you through the legal process going forward. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the most common examples of deceptive attorney behavior?
Through the years, our firm has handled a wide array of deception cases. When individuals seek the assistance of an attorney, they are vulnerable in the sense that they do not have the same knowledge and understanding of the law as the attorney. In the worst cases, some attorneys will see this as an opportunity and will instead try and take advantage of the person they’re supposed to help. This is sickening, however, it happens more than we would like to admit. Some of the most common types of deception our firm has seen are as follows:
- The sale, distribution, or procurement of any type of property to further a scheme.
- Misrepresenting geographic origin.
- Lying about how much their legal services cost.
- Taking money or property from clients unlawfully or deceptively
- Unsolicited invoices, billing statements, or other documents that demand a client to pay for services that client did not receive.
- Stating that the attorney “knows the judge” or can guarantee a certain outcome.
- Publishing advertisements that are generally deceptive, misleading, or untrue regarding the sponsorship, approval, or certification of the attorney’s legal services
How do I sue an attorney for deception?
In many cases, those who have been harmed by a deceptive attorney can bring that attorney to justice. However, you will need to hire another attorney who knows how to gather and present all the evidence needed to win a legal malpractice lawsuit. Our firm can work to pursue civil, administrative, and even criminal penalties against your initial attorney. Give our experienced New Jersey legal malpractice attorney a call today to learn more about how our firm can help you through every step of the process ahead.
Contact our experienced New Jersey firm
The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick is an experienced and committed legal team for clients throughout the state of New Jersey. Our team effectively serves victims of legal malpractice. If you require the services of a dedicated attorney, please contact The Law Offices of Mark S. Guralnick today for a free consultation.